Reports to: President/CEO
Drives agency thought leadership to fuel client growth and great creative work.
Sees beyond the obvious and works with the teams to instill a culture of discovering what’s
next in marketing communications as well as a discipline of leveraging insights to benefit our
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create a culture driven by thought leadership and audience-driven insights.
• Work with internal teams to develop strategies that fuel client success and organic growth.
• Create inspiring, relevant creative briefs and translate insight into ideas and subsequent management of ideas across all media.
• Develop and conduct primary and secondary research to inspire creative executions and media strategies.
– Ability to design and moderate focus groups a plus.
• Keep the teams focused on the end goals in the execution of appropriate creative projects across media – brief writing to presentation.
• Evaluate the effects of the campaign in the marketplace.
• Work with the media and analytics team to mine data for insights.
• Clear written and verbal presentation skills
• Ability to present in a manner that influences and leads others around a great idea
• Ability to see and translate longer-term visions
• Ability to manage people and projects as well as coach team members at all levels
• Ability to communicate clearly, coherently and professionally
• Master diplomat – ability to read the room and lead strategic discussions
• Responsible for the client and team management as it relates to longer-term communications goals
• Natural leader – team player
• Self-starter goes above and beyond on tasks
• Manages up and down
• Show ability to lead a room/team in thinking
• Holds team members accountable at all levels
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7+ years of experience in marketing communications on client side, agency side, or as a freelancer
• Experience managing quantitative research and qualitative research (tracking studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills) with an ability to see and adapt insights
• Innate curiosity and aptitude to learn about marketing, brands, advertising, communications, culture, people, etc.; a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick
• Creative and/or an appreciation for creativity, desire to be part of a creative environment and is excited about the creative process
• Recognizes magic and shows experience of knowing what to do with it
• Seeks out opportunity and challenge
• MS Office, PowerPoint or Keynote
Alignment with Agency Values:
We create ideas for our clients that lift their businesses and brands. Ideas are our business. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. Certain attitudes define how we work and are important in what we seek for our culture. Our values are:
• Curiosity: Our passion is fueled in the love of our work; Always thinking beyond the ask and delivering ideas that push boundaries.
• People: We rely on a collaborative approach with every individual contributing. Creating the best work with the best people, working in true partnership with the best clients.
• Independence: Our independence allows us to focus on our clients and doing what is right for them.
• Truth: It sets us free and grounds our work. It is the connector that brings together consumers in a meaningful way.
Please submit a resume and email cover letter to Rob Rankin: firstname.lastname@example.org.